“The black curved shells, the orange sauce and green parsley are a symphony for the eyes and for the palate. My father gave me the recipe when I was a child. But there are many variants around the Adriatic coast. And perhaps also in the small houses around St. Nicholas Church in the old and historically important town of Nin.”
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- ½ lemon sliced
- 2 red onions, copped
- 2 handfuls of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 drops of tabasco sauce
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- ½kg of mussels
- 500g large shrimps with shell
- Fry the onion and finely chopped garlic in olive oil.
- Add the bay leaves, tomato paste, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer a little and gradually pour in the wine.
- Add the mussels and let everything simmer for approx. 5-10 min. Add the shrimps and chopped parsley and simmer for another 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- NB: Mussels that remain closed must be thrown out.
- TIP: Serve with cold white wine and bread.