“The black curved shells, the orange sauce and green parsley are a symphony for the eyes and for the palate. My father gave me the recipe when I was a child. But there are many variants around the Adriatic coast. And perhaps also in the small houses around the Church of the Holy Cross in the old and historically important town of Nin.”
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- ½ lemon sliced
- 2 red onions, copped
- 2 handfuls of flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 5-6 drops of tabasco sauce
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- ½kg of mussels
- 500g large shrimps with shell
- Fry the onion and finely chopped garlic in olive oil.
- Add the bay leaves, tomato paste, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Let the sauce simmer a little and gradually pour in the wine.
- Add the mussels and let everything simmer for approx. 5-10 min. Add the shrimps and chopped parsley and simmer for another 5 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- NB: Mussels that remain closed must be thrown out.
- TIP: Serve with cold white wine and bread.