“The cross-section of the cakes look nice and are sharp and pronounced with yellow, pink and white tones. The same colours that we can see in the summer in the houses in the landscape and medieval castles in Hrvatska Zagorje.”
- 150g of butter
- 4 eggs
- 70g of sugar
- 300g of flour
- Grated zest of ¼ lemon
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 500g of fresh raspberries
- 200g of sugar
- Whip the butter, egg yolks and sugar. Add the flour mixed with baking powder and lemon zest.
- Grease a baking tray (approx. 25×40 cm).
- Press the dough into a greased baking tray and bake the cake base for 25-30 min. at 190 degrees.
- Whisk 4 egg whites until they harden together with 200g of sugar.
- Place the berries on the freshly baked cake base. Pour the meringues in a uniform layer on top.
- Bake the cake for 15 min. at 150 degrees or until the meringue is golden.
- Take the cake out and allow to cool. Once the cake has cooled, cut it into 4 x 7 cm pieces.
- NB: The cake also tastes delicious the next day. It can keep for several days in the fridge if covered. The cake is also delicious with strawberries.