“The brittle golden crust around the succulent meat is like a fluted or uneven wall that protects a sensual room. We find many sensual rooms behind the rustic walls in Hum, the smallest town in the world.”
- 4 large pieces of veal (200-300g of veal per person)
- 1 egg
- 1½ glasses of flour
- Lemon slices
- Equal parts olive oil and sunflower oil
- Pour 1 egg into a glass and add water until the glass is full. Pour the mixture into a bowl. Add flour and whisk together.
- Pound and roll the meat with a rolling pin so it is ½ cm thick. Dip the meat in the batter.
- Heat a frying pan up to max. heat. Add the oil. Fry the Wiener schnitzels for approx. 3 min. on each side until they are done.
- Take them up, sprinkle with salt and serve immediately with lemon slices and a small portion of good mayonnaise.
- Tip: Green salad and potatoes go well with this dish.