Recipe for Zdenka’s Ischl Medals
As Christmas is soon around the corner we thought of sharing with you, this lovely recipe for Zdenka’s Ischl Medals ideal for the Christmas table. The Medals can be found in Marianne’s new architectural cookbook ‘The Architect’s Meal / Arkitektens Måltid’. It has a strong appeal to the senses, showing several correlations between cooking and architecture. Read also unique anecdotes for each recipe that ties the recipe to a specific architectural setting. Go grab yours in the shop! And with that, we wish you a Merry Christmas!
What you will need:
- 350g of butter
- 125g of sugar
- 500g of flour
- 225g of blanched and ground almonds
- ½ tbsp of cinnamon
- 7 tbsp raspberry or apricot jam
- Icing sugar
- Stir the butter with the rest of the sugar. Little by little, add the flour and vanilla.
- Gather the dough into a ball and allow to stand for ½ hour. Roll out on a flour covered table. Cut out round biscuits with a diameter of 5-6 cm.
- Make a hole in half of the biscuits of 2 cm in diameter. Bake for approx. 10 min. at 200 degrees.
- Take the biscuits out and allow to cool. Put into cake tins. Spread a thin layer of jam on the biscuits and place a complete biscuit on top just before eating.
- Then sprinkle icing sugar over.
- NB: These biscuits can also be made with walnuts or hazelnuts.